Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Misconceptions..

Seems to be this misconception that because I have made a choice to follow Christ. That I'm automatically this overly judgmental person. That I pretty much condemn people to hell at the drop of a hat. That I only have compassion for my fellow Christians and automatically don't like anyone who does not share my same ultraconservative world view. Sorry to disappoint people. But that is not the type of Catholic that I am. I am a firm believer in compassion and mercy to all. No matter what you believe. Even if your world view does not even come close to meshing with mine. I believe in respect. Just because I disagree doesn't mean it gives me a right to attack someone. I don't tell people where they are going spiritually because to be honest. It's not my place. I don't know what kind of battles people have with in their hearts. I clearly don't believe in judging someone because of what they have done in their past. Because that does not define who they are in the present. I will always stand up for the issues that I am passionate about. Doing what I can to present my argument in a respectful manner. I'm not a follower of Christ because I feel that I am above everyone. I follow Christ because I know that I have struggles that I deal with. My own battles that are waged every single day. "Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone.." - (taken from John 8:7) Well. That pretty much takes me out of the picture then doesn't it.

-jm

No comments:

Post a Comment