Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

The FAQ

The Official FAQ:

The Project:

Q: What is the Lego Church Project?

A: An annual project where a massive Catholic parish is built out of LEGO bricks.

Q: How long does it take to build?

A: It varies from season to season. But in most cases it takes close to two months. I work on it from as little as an hour to several hours per day. No build ever goes the same way each year.


Q: How many bricks does it take ?

A: I would guess based on how I build it each year. That it has close to 20,000 parts. 


Q: Wow! Look at all the people! How many are inside?

A: I have well over 200 mini-figures inside. 

Q: How much does the project weigh?

A: About 40lbs.

Q: Uh how big is your project?


A: The work station is 48x25 inches. The past few seasons have been around 45x24x24 inches. 

Displays: 

Q: When do you display the project?

A: Once the build is finished I am able to book for displays. In most cases I have the project finished in mid or end of April. Please keep in mind the month of Dec is reserved for the Christ the Good Shepherd display.

Q: What kind of displays do you do?

A: I can do two types of displays depending: 

Single event or weekend: These would be your Bazaars, craft shows or other special event. Bring the project out. Set it up with me being around to answer any questions. 

Multi week/weekend run: Set up the project and leave it for a week or two. Still would need to visit to make sure the project is holding up. Also to have the chance to talk to people.

Q: How do you move the project?


A: The project rests on it's own work station. Which is a large sheet of plywood. 

Q: What kind of setup do you need for a display?

A: All I need is a table such as a card table or narrow table for the project itself. I also need access to an electrical outlet so I can plug in the lights.

Q: I have a location that you can bring the project out too. What help do you need to make that happen?


A: I don't drive. In many cases it is a challenge to get transportation for this project. So I do have to rely on others. If you would like to have me come out I would have to have the site provide me and the project a ride. Along with two people to help move it. The project will fit in most SUV's or mini-vans. Drop me an e-mail at kc8wzm@gmail.com and we can set something up. 

Donations/More information:

Q: I think your project is neat and would like to help out. Do you take donations?

A: Yes. I'm always looking LEGO Bricks/Parts. I also do accept monetary donations so I can purchase specific parts. Donations can be made via pay pal. Contact me via e-mail: kc8wzm@gmail.com to find out how. 


Q: Do you have more information about why you need donations?

A: Yes! Please check out the blog post "Donations" for more detailed info.

Q: Do you have a PayPal link that send donations to?

A: Yes use the following link: paypal.me/LegoChurchProject

Q: How can I contact you for more information?

A: kc8wzm@gmail.com

-



Revised 1/18/17. -The Lego Church Project

No comments:

Post a Comment