Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Look Into History: Season 9




Season 9 (2008-2009): When I look back on the history of my work this one was really the starting point of a style I used for a good number of years. The first full "flat roof". First use of custom built "roof tiles". Along with my first attempt at a double bell tower. You will notice that grid isn't the normal one that I use now days. The center section is wider than the edges because of the way I set the grid up. At the time I was still experimenting with things. Over the course of seasons changes take time to fully be realized from the initial concept. This was a starting point that opened up a lot of ideas. Some that get revisited years down the road.

While Seasons 1-5 were built in Flushing, MI. Seasons 6-8, were built at my first apartment in Saginaw. Season 9 was the first one to be built at my second (and still current) apartment. I had a lot more space to work. Along with a secondary location to take the project when finished.

I think any time I do a project I often wonder what would I do differently. But to be rather honest each work still stands on it's own. Mistakes in the build happen. Sometimes I catch them. Sometimes I don't. But with every building you notice that something is out of place or a vision not fully realized. Season 9 has a few issues. But that is the nice thing about The Project is that for me it is very much a learning experience. A chance to tell that story that often times needs to be told.

Thanks for reading. Till Next Time.

-JM

No comments:

Post a Comment