Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Look Into History: Season 12





Season 12 (2011-2012): Season 12 came about during a challenging time in my life. I developed a rare neurological condition called "Visual Snow" late in 2010. At the time I did not know much about it. Or how it would effect me down the road. One of my worries was how it would effect my work on The Project. Season 12 was my first project since this condition developed.

This Project is one of my favorites. But it is also one of the most goofiest ones I've built. It goes into some fun directions that worked out well for the time. This was my first attempt having the project off to one side of the board. Which allowed for a bigger "wing" section. Any time you attempt something for the first time. Their are bound to be extra challenges with it. Just because of the over all nature of this layout a few things had to be taken into consideration. One of the biggest issues is with the bell tower itself. One of my personal rules after Season 8: The Project must have a bell tower. When I designed Season 12 I pretty much forgot to add one. The solution was to create a tower that fit into the roof tile section. The tower is big and heavy. But given the unique nature of the build it works.

Considering all that I was dealing with at the time. I have to say I'm really glad the project turned out as well as it did. Gave some good starting points for future seasons.

-JM

No comments:

Post a Comment