Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Support for the Project



First off I want to give a big Thank You to my supporters. The ones who encourage me. The ones who often share my FB posts and tweets when I am talking about the project. The ones who see the passion in my heart for what I do. The ones who believe in the message that I share with the Project. To those who have already donated. It your support that keeps this project going. Even when I'm facing my own personal challenges.

This post will cover donations and other ways to support the Project.

Donations:


Why are they needed?

I am a one man operation as far as the building of the project goes. Given my disability I am unable to drive or work. I rely on Government benefits to make ends meet and over all I don't do too bad for myself considering. However LEGO, even on the secondary market, is not cheap. Given the nature of what I do with the project. Parts wear out over time. Plus their are new parts coming all time that can be put to good use. Given my fixed income. I don't always have extra cash because of price increases in other areas like food.

What kind of donation?

The project relies on people either donating money or donating LEGO parts directly. Personally I've always preferred to accept LEGO directly from people. Often times kids grow out of it and parents then need to figure out what to do. I can help out with that. With the development of services like Pay Pal. It makes donating money much easier. But either format is helpful for me in the long run.

If I donate Money where are you spending it?

Any money I get goes to either LEGO or Bricklink (online market place) for parts that I need.

How can I donate money?

Using the Pay Pal Link is the best way to send money directly. If you don't have access to pay pal or are not a fan of using them. Drop me an e-mail at kc8wzm@gmail.com and we can work something out.

How can I donate LEGO parts directly?

Drop me an e-mail to kc8wzm@gmail.com and I will give you my mailing address.

 Support: 

Their are other ways to support the Project.

Helping me secure a display location and/or proving transportation:

I have a hard time securing locations on my own. With out the help of others to act as a go-between many of my displays would not happen. If you have a place in mind. Talk to them and see if they would like to host the project. Keep in mind I will need help with transportation given that I don't drive. Both for the project and myself. More information on displays can be found here or drop me an e-mail to kc8wzm@gmail.com and I can give you more details. Including types of displays and what kind of rides would I need.

Helping me get the word out about The Project:

Social media is an amazing tool that can be used to reach many people in this world. The Lego Church Project Face Book page is the nexus for what I do. It contains all the photos of the last 18 years. Updates on display locations and building process for each season.

Getting the word out about what I am doing and why I am doing it is as important to me as the build. Having the chance to share my love and passion for the Catholic faith along with my personal mission of disability awareness and reminding people of how important the Mass is to our faith is an amazing thing.

Share The Lego Church Project FB page. Tell people that my work exists. I'm also always looking for chances to share my work in the media. Such a TV/Radio or even print and pod casts. I haven't had much luck getting to Catholic Media. So let people know that this is something you want to see featured. Every little bit helps.

But as always the best way to support my work is though Prayer. Please keep me in prayer. This isn't something for myself. This something that gives glory to God in all things. With out Christ. This Project would not happen.

Once again. Thank you for all the support. It means a lot to me.

-jm

No comments:

Post a Comment