Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Displays



One of the neat aspects of the Lego Church Project is that I do take this on the road. My feeling is that this project is a work of God. He is using my talents in an amazing and very creative way. This project isn't something that should be hidden. But something that needs to be shared with others. To show people that even if you have a disability or other challenge that God can and will use your talents in amazing and very creative ways.

One of those challenges for me is that I do not drive. I need help with transport for any display that I want to do. This means that any host site would need to provide transport for the project and in most cases myself so I can be there to over see things. This post is about the types of displays I can do. What kind of set up I need. What my transportation requirements are.

Types of Displays

Most of the time my displays fall into one of two types:

Single event: These are the Bazaars, craft shows, special events or functions. Set up could be the night before with the event happening the next day. Project would go home after the event was finished. I would be present so I can keep and eye on things and answer any questions that people might have.

Multi week/weekend run: Several of my parish displays (Christ the Good Shepherd, St. John XXIII, All Saints Parish) are multi weekend runs. This is where I set up the project up and then check it out once a week. Usually before and after the Mass(es) at the parish. How many weeks/weekend the project stays at the location is at the site's request. Personally I find that two weekends is a decent run. Though it can be longer if needed.

Setup needs

For the displays I need a folding/card table and access to an electrical outlet. Table needs to be medium sized but something that can support something that is about 47x25x25 inches. In most cases I will have my own extension cord. 

Transportation needs

The hardest part of any project season is not the build. It's finding locations to display my work and figuring out how to get the project and me out to the site. So for this season I am asking for help in this part. That way I can do more displays.


Project needs: The project sits on a 48x26in plywood board. Height is about 25 inches give or take. In most cases the project will fit in a normal SUV/mini van/small pickup truck. Just need to make sure the project is protected from sliding off the board. 

As far as moving the project. This project weighs about 40lbs or so. Because of it's size it does require two people to move it. If you have a cart that would also make things easier.


For the builder: Single event displays I will need to be picked up before the event starts and taken to the site. After the event is finished we will need to take the project back to my home location. 

For parish displays I would like to be around for the Saturday and Sunday Morning Mass. So I would need a ride there and back. If your parish has more than one Sunday Mass, need to be there for the earliest service and then be taken home after the last Mass. If your parish has a Sunday evening Mass. I don't need to be present for that. 

If anyone is interested in hosting or can help with transport, just drop me an e-mail to kc8wzm@gmail.com and we can work out the finer details.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment