Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Donations

On the FAQ post that I use for the Lego Church Project  I mention that I take donations.

Why do I need donations?

LEGO is a good solid brand of a building system. It is made up of many styles of parts. Often using high grade materials. However as things age they do tend to wear out and need to be replaced. My collection of parts spans many decades. Over time I've had to replace parts. Bricks break and crack. Plates/base plates get warped. Window elements break down. Some parts fade and start to turn brown because of the sunlight. The project also creates extra wear and tear because of the transportation to various display locations.

In most cases people who have children who are no longer into LEGO will give me what they have. I can use the stuff to add on to my existing collection and replace worn out or broken parts as needed. I do from time to time accept money donations. This is so I can go on to market sites like BrickLink  and get special parts that I normally can't get though donations.  

I'm on a fixed income thanks to the nature of my disability. I don't always have resources need to replace the parts. So the donations do help ease up some of the cost on my end. I'm not one for asking for help. Goes against my nature.

What will your donations be used for?

Anything I get will be used for the Project. Money donations will be used to buy parts off LEGO or Bricklink. With the the primary goal of replacing existing parts. Some of the donations given might go to cover the cost of gas for some of the transportation as well.

You can donate directly via PayPal to: paypal.me/LegoChurchProject 

If you would like more information on how you can help the Lego Church Project, check out "What can you do to help." Blog post. Or of course send me an e-mail at kc8wzm@gmail.com.

-jm




No comments:

Post a Comment