Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

What I need to replace.

(update 1/25/17)

In this post I mention that I am looking for donations.

One of the things that I want to do before the Season 18 build is to replace the base plates that I use. These are the foundation of which the entire project rests on. Over the years the plates get used and abused and at some point will wear out completely. Sometimes becoming warped.

Here is the list of base plates I'm looking at replacing.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4186#T=C

This is probably the most expensive part.  48x48 studs They are about 15$ a pop depending on where you go. That cost alone wouldn't be that bad. However I use three of them. So that comes up to about 45$. 



I use four of these 32 x 32 (studs) plates. The goal is to get them in some form of Gray to match the gray 48x48(studs) plates. Current prices on brick link goes to around 9$ a plate. So about 36$ total for the ones I need.


I use one 16x32. Once again I need to find these in some shade of gray. Price for this is about 2$ and is the lowest cost item on the list. 

So that's about 83$ right there. Needless to say the base plate changes won't be made this season. Would like to. Just don't have the resources right now for it.

Any other funds will be put to replacing bricks. With a focus on getting Blue, Red, and White. (the white ones get a lot of sun damage).

If you want to help out in some form. Drop me an e-mail at kc8wzm@gmail.com

You can make a donation directly:  paypal.me/LegoChurchProject 

-jm


No comments:

Post a Comment