Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

What can you do to help?


As a general rule I don't like asking for help. The reality is that I am on disability due to a mild form of Cerebral Palsy. My income is fixed and I don't drive. This makes for some fun challenges as far as The Project goes. I get asked by people what can they do to help me out. Below are some of the ways you can help out if you feel God leading you:


1) Helping me secure a display location: If you have a place in mind that might be interested in having me. Talk them and see if they they would like to host me. I have tried in the past cold calling locations but I don't always have an easy time of trying to share with people what I am about and more importantly why I am doing this. I've had many good sites turn me down over the years.

2) Providing Transportation: This one pretty much goes hand in hand with Helping me secure a location. It's one thing to commit to a location for a display. But then I have to figure out how I'm getting there. Not only for the project. But also for me so I can be around for the display. Answer questions and point out other stuff.

For more detailed information you can check out the blog posts "Displays" and "FAQ".

3) Donate unused LEGO: Not every kid turns into an Adult Fan of Lego. Some times those LEGO get tucked away some where never to see the light of day. I can sort out and use those unused LEGO for the project. Next to setting up/proving transportation for displays would be one of the more important things people can do. Getting this type of donation can be extremely helpful and decreases my reliance on Bricklink for some types of parts such as the basic bricks and mini-figures. Drop me an e-mail at kc8wzm@gmail.com if you have LEGO you would like to part with.

4) Share the Facebook Page: The FB page is the nexus for everything connected to the project. It is the location for all the pictures that get posted. I would love to see the page get 500 likes. It is important for me to get the word out that the project exists and as to why it exists. The page allows me to promote my messages of disability awareness and the importance of the Mass/Parish life.

5) Let Media outlets know about my work: Over the past few years I've had my chance to share the story of Lego Church Project and myself to various media groups. Such as news paper, Local TV, blogs, radio and podcasts. Their are many places that the Project would make a good story for. Contact your favorites and tell them you think the Lego Church Project would be a fun story to feature.

6) Monetary donations: I have a collection that spans years. The bricks take a beating. The cost to replace those parts can add up. Donations like this will help me with the future of the project. More information about why I need donations can be found HERE.

Also if you would like to donate via PayPal you can do so: https://www.paypal.me/LegoChurchProject

7) The Amazon Wish List: If you don't feel comfortable with making a direct monetary donation. I have set up a wish list of LEGO sets and other items I can use for the Project. JM's Amazon Wish List!. If you are getting something off the list please send me an EMAIL.

I am praying for some display sites this season. This project is something that needs to be shared so everyone can enjoy it. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help out in some small way.

Also if you get the chance please check out my blog post "My Vision for the Project".

-JM


No comments:

Post a Comment