Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2019

While I don't Drive.



I've mentioned a few times over the years that I don't drive. Their are a few reasons why I don't. Part of it is because being on disability due to the mild cerebral palsy makes being able to afford or maintain any kind of car/van nearly impossible. Older cars require a lot of work and have costly repairs. Plus the price of gas and rising insurance costs adds up very quickly. It is not cost effective for me given the fixed income that I have. The other reason that I've shared is more medical. My vision in the day time is decent enough. Even with the Visual Snow. However my night vision is another story. I have light sensitivity which also means lots of glare. Also poor recovery time with my eyes. Along with the snow means that my night vision is diminished. To the point that even if I had my own car I would not drive at night because I don't feel safe or comfortable behind the wheel. It can be a challenge at times not being able to drive. Sometimes their is a feeling that you lose some of your independence. I'm blessed for those who help me out. Today I figure it was time that I went into more detail about why I can't drive.

Important Links!

Twitter: @kc8wzm


No comments:

Post a Comment