Pages

Monday, October 21, 2019

The Empty Church: Transportation Revisited



I have been deeply blessed in the fact that for the most part I have been able to find a ride to Mass. However not everyone is as lucky as I've been. Over a year ago I wrote a blog post that touched on the issue of transportation titled "Who Do I Ask?" Since that time I've been praying and pondering on what kind of practical solutions could be done. I believe with all my heart that something should be done to make things easier. I think the solutions can be very simple. With the over all goal helping people establish connections with in a parish so they can go to Mass.

I know from my own experience that being able to take part in the Mass and being able to get a ride makes me feel like I truly am a part of the parish community. That I belong to something greater than myself. If we truly want to be welcoming as parish communities then we should make every effort to make getting to Mass easier for those who do not drive such as the elderly or the disabled. It is a chance to evangelize that is often over looked or at worse out right ignored. However it is also something that we can change. By being more mindful of the needs of the faithful with in our parishes. I believe that solutions can be found to any problem that we face. Sometimes that means we have to get creative about it. For my own part I'm starting to reach out to people in other parishes to see what is already being done. In fact if you know of a program drop me a note. I would love to hear about it. I have a deep desire to see this issue looked at more closely. The issue of transportation to Mass (and to other parish events) has been on my mind a lot lately. The question for myself is: What Can I do to help solve this problem?



Important Links!

Twitter: @kc8wzm



No comments:

Post a Comment