Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Different set of Lenses


This is the updated version of a previous post. However rather than just cut/paste/replace. I've decided to keep both versions intact. -JM

I am someone who has a disability. Those challenges impact me often in ways that most don't fully understand. It is something that I live with daily. Often moment to moment. Sometimes I don't fully understand how they impact me. Other times the effects are crystal clear. I am someone who sees the world though a different sent of lenses. I notice and focus on the inner beauty of the world around me. It is a source of endless wonder and fascination to see how things work in relation to one another. To see how all life plays out and the role it has in our daily lives. By seeing this beauty I understand how important life can be. Even with in the nature that exists around us. For me I love seeing nature around me. The animals and how they exist. You can say that I'm easily amused. However it is more about looking at what God has given us and being deeply thankful.

This lens that I see though is also reflected in my relationship with God. I see more of the spiritual side of things and have come to see the wonder and beauty in it. I see this in how I embrace the idea of going to Mass and seeing that it should be the foundation of anyone who proclaims they are Catholic. It is a foundation of our faith that should not be over looked. For I know that even on the days when I'm struggling. Even with paying attention. I know that I am in the presence of Christ. That though the Eucharist I am filled in a spiritual way. When I am at Mass I am always looking. Always learning. Seeing what is in the windows and in the stones. As I look I am always finding something new and exciting. It is a feeling that I hold on to because it never gets old. Being Catholic is the core of who I am. It has guided me though many things with in my life. 

It has never been easy to embrace who I am. Living in the shadows of my own disabilities I have often felt like I wasn't a full person. Overly self critical of my own limits. However as I've gotten older. I've learned to be more accepting of who I am and how I interact with this world. With in that acceptance I have found peace. Finding that peace I have found that it allows me to draw closer to God. Closer with my relationship with Christ. It is my faith in Christ that drives me to do what I can. Even on the days when I struggle with those limits. The days can be a challenge at times. However Christ is very much the light and the guide. I see the world though a different set of lenses. Take a look at my own work to see what I see at times.




Important Links!

Twitter: @kc8wzm


No comments:

Post a Comment