Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Of Prayer and Bricks


 One of the aspects of the Lego Church Project build is the large amount of prayer that goes into my work. Often times is though my work that I am praying. With each brick I place and each section I build. I am praying with my hands. I pray for the hopes and dreams that we all have. I am taking all that is on my heart and putting it into the bricks that I am working with. It really isn't unlike when we come to the church and we carry with us our own struggles and personal conflicts as we sit down readying our hearts for the Mass.

As I'm working on the build my thoughts are constantly traveling around the various issues that I see. I see the weariness in our eyes as we contend with the chaos of the world. The challenges of getting a loved one to Mass. The desire of all of us to see our parishes grow. Not just in the number of people who make the Mass a priority. But also growing deeper in our faith. I'm also praying for those who face challenges daily that we never know about. Or those, like myself, who deal with some kind of disability. Lastly I'm also praying for vocations. Since we need more people to answer God's call. 

The prayerful aspect is something that I don't always get to talk about in great detail. However it is also extremely important aspect of what I do with the Project. It is a prayer for our future. As the challenges of the world often become more extreme. It is a desire that everyone should be welcome in our parishes. That no one should be looked down on or judged for their level of faith, personal struggles, or disability and challenges. These are the things that I pray for when I'm working on the project build. That we would all desire to draw closer to God and to live our lives as Saints. -



No comments:

Post a Comment