Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2019

What It means to me.



Disability Awareness. Two words that I often use in discussions about The Project. For me it is about changing the views people have on those of us who face various challenges in our lives. The idea that those who have disabilities are suffering greatly for the way we were born. Recently someone commented that some parishes cannot afford to add wheel chair ramps or even guard rails. To think that being disabled is something that has to be easily seen is a pure misunderstanding of what disability is. Many of us face challenges with our health. Many times we keep those challenges private. Awareness is showing that no matter what you face you should feel welcome with in the parish you attend Mass. For me it starts with attitude that we are not any kind of inconvenience on someone. That we are still children of God and that we have just as much of a desire to live a full life with in our parish communities. Some of us have chosen to take a more public effort in sharing our Catholic faith with others. I am one of those people. I hope that as you read my posts and see The Project you get a sense of understanding that while I do have a disability, I have a deep desire to serve Christ and I pray always for the opportunities to do so.


Important Links!

Twitter: @kc8wzm


No comments:

Post a Comment