Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

We have not seen yet we believe!





"Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." This comes from the Gospel of John. (John 20:29) and it really does a good job of starting the discussion about why we believe in Christ. It really is a lot to take in when you consider all that happens. Four different Gospels share various accounts of the birth, the life, the death, and the resurrection of Christ. It takes a lot of faith to believe in something that we have not seen with our own two eyes. Given that the events themselves take place far into our past. Dealing with things of the mystic and miraculous. Given what we know of the world today it is way too easy to dismiss things as some kind of false belief. Something that took place in the past and has no relevance in our future. Yet given all that has taken place the Passion of Christ is still very important to our lives.

As a Catholic I believe that Jesus Christ is indeed the Son of God. For me it is something that I feel with in my heart and my soul. An acceptance of something deep and profound. A pure mystery that science can never explain. With in my own heart I Know it is truth. Once again however I find myself in seeking understanding from the lives of the Saints. They lived and died for Christ. Some of them becoming martyrs for the faith. Their history having a deep impact and even today. It is a reminder that for all that goes on Christ is indeed with us. When we chose to follow Christ the road does not get any easier. Of the many things written in the Gospels. "This will be easy" is not a phrase that is mentioned. To accept the Gospels requires us to believe in something that we will never see with our own eyes. Yet we are blessed by God for that. I know while some areas of my life have not been easy. I know that because of my faith in Christ I have been deeply blessed. Which takes us back to the scripture I quoted at the start from John 20:29. Amen?




Important Links!

Twitter: @kc8wzm



No comments:

Post a Comment