Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Reflection for June 1st.

The world is a simmering pot that has been trying to boil over for a while now. With each passing year we seem to get closer to that edge. Lately things have started to get way more out of hand. I have seen people on FB suggesting violence is indeed to solution to the problem. Even assassination of world leaders. That it is OK to show disrespect in profound ways because you disagree with the other side's view point. I look around me and their is total anger in people's hearts. I see fear that has been generated because sometimes social media takes things way to far.

As I sit and reflect on the negative and hostile emotions around me. I am reminded of things that I have said in past reflections. About surrendering to Christ all things. To turn over our worries. Our anger. Our fears to Christ. To pray that our leaders would be granted profound wisdom to act in the best ways for the people. That party lines would not matter so much as the human factor.
But something else dawned on me. For us Catholics one of the best forms of prayer is asking Our Mother Mary for her help. One of the things that she told the children of Fatima was to pray the Rosary for Peace. Perhaps that can be extended to peace in our own hearts so that we can properly and wisely deal with the chaos around us. Peace for our world leaders and for those who have anger in their hearts.

I've also been told that Praying is worthless. That prayer does nothing in face of the issues at hand. I could not disagree more. Prayer unlocks the answers that we otherwise would not see. To find that inner peace to confront our challenges. To help fight the fear and anxiety in our troubled times. To remind us how important *all* life is.

Some days it feels like the world is crumbing in around us. But on our darkest of days that we are reminded that Christ is indeed the light that shines in that darkness.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us.
Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Pray for us.
Holy Spirit, guide us.
God the Father we thank you.
Amen.


-JM

No comments:

Post a Comment