Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Our Older Generation




Over the years I've done a lot of displays. Once in a while a door opens up and you get to take the project to a place that isn't a church or other function. This past weekend I had a very neat and blessed chance to take the Season 18 Project to Caretel Inns. It is an Assisted Living facility. I was at the Bay City, MI location.

I've often said the project has no age limit. That sometimes the biggest impact I have is not with the younger generation. But the older one. That for them they relive their life though my work. They are the ones who remember the time when the parishes use to be filled with people. When their had to be more than one Mass on Sunday to fill the needs of the parish ministry. Those days are long past. Yet here I am with my project full of people taking part in the Mass. It is something that touches deep into the soul of who we are. To see the residents of this place. To see the smiles on their face. The excitement in their hearts. For me it was a humbling experience that I shall not forget. The display went by so well that it looks like I will be back with Season 19 next year.

We should never forget the Older Generation. For they still have the knowledge and the wisdom that they can teach us. This is a generation we should always have the deepest respect for. This weekend was humbling in how the project was received. I am very blessed and thankful. This has been a powerful season for my work. I can't wait till the next display.

My thanks to Steven for setting things up and helping with the transportation.

-JM



No comments:

Post a Comment