Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

My Faith

My Catholic faith is the center of who I am as a person. It is the foundation of what makes me whole. It has guided me though some of the the most trying times of my existence. It has helped me celebrate when times have gone well. It also gives me the proper foundation on my own political views. Putting Christ first allows me to put elements of my life into proper perspective and is not some kind of "cop-out". Rather to surrender to Christ is one of the most hardest things an human can do. Because of our nature we want to be in complete control. In fact I would challenge more to do what I have chosen to do. It also gives me much needed wisdom and understanding of what goes on. I don't consider myself blinded by the single political party mentality that has gripped our nation as of late. My reasons for not supporting a single party are long and deep. But at the core of those reasons is how important my Catholic faith is to me and the values that they hold. So I gladly put my faith in Christ above all else. Because nations will come and they will go. But in the end Christ will always remain.

-JM

No comments:

Post a Comment