Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Season 18 Update



The Season 18 project is coming along decently enough. Fifteen days in and I'm farther along than I expected to be. Things have been going decent enough so far but I have a lot of work between here and now.

This project has been a rather fun mix of old ideas revisit and new ideas yet to be tried. But so far the keeping in line with the vision I had when I started out. Fan of the project will note that I'm using a window design by the alter is a lot like what I did on the Season 13 project. This goes back into the history and was a common feature of previous builds. Something I happened to like. Though it wasn't the plan starting out. The benches are a pretty simple build for the most part. Same style I've used for years. If I could ever get enough parts or a major donation I wouldn't mind upgrading to something that I'm using for the ensemble music group. A lot simpler to build but would require more plates and hinges than what I have on hand. Not even sure what the bricklink prices are on those parts to be honest.

The long read beams were done by mixing plates together. This is done for support because those beams also mark the main area of the church. The beams in this case also support balcony and the bell towers. So far this project has the record for the longest beams ever built. In fact I pretty much wiped out my collection of red plates doing this. Unless I happen to find some extra buried in the one tub I have all the red bricks in.

This project is extremely ambitions. Even with the stuff I've added recently I will probably have a few issues here and there. But I have a much better handle on where the project is going than I did last week. The list of what needs to be done is rather large and may take some time. I don't have a finish date in mind just yet. But this isn't a marathon. Speed building can cause more problems than they solve. I can't wait to finish the project and I can't wait to start doing displays.

If you would like to help me out please check this page: "What can you do to help?" Or consider making a Paypal donation via this link: https://www.paypal.me/LegoChurchProject.  

-JM

No comments:

Post a Comment