Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Year after Year..

 


To see my work at the parish (Christ the Good Shepherd Parish - St. Helen Site) year after year is by far one of the more humbling experiences that I get to have. On the surface it may not seem like much in the long run. Yet it has become such an important part of my own faith journey. As I'm sitting and doing these displays I often get to reflect on the importance of our faith and why our faith should be an important part of our lives. The Project has managed to keep me grounded and extremely humble. Which I am thankful for.

The contrast between the end of my Project season and the celebration of Christ is not lost on me. Advent is the time of preparing for Christ to arrive. Christmas is that celebration. Yet here I am celebrating the *end* of the Project season. All of the challenges that go with it. Preparing for the tear down and the prelude to the next season. It is a bittersweet time that does not get any easier with age or experience.

This season has taught me a lot. I've stepped way out of my own comfort zone. Also dealing with a lot of extra challenges that have allowed me to explore how important my faith is to me. As I am heading into the end of my 23rd year and my 19th year of this display. I have a lot to pray on as I seek out the Wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

If you're in the Saginaw, MI region please come out and check out my work in person. You also get to see an amazing community with a wonderful choir. -JM

No comments:

Post a Comment