Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022

Reflection 9/28

 

The more I look at the world. The more I have come to understand that it will always be in a state of constant and unending chaos. Something will always be happening. Events on the national stage. Things going on in our own towns and cities. Or closer to home with a family challenge or health crisis. For me it is not always easy to understand what is going on around me. Just feels like at times, it never really seems to end. Whatever peace I have managed to gain lasts for but a moment. Then the storm fires up again and I'm back where I started. 

As I walk on this journey of faith. I see this happening more in my life. It catches me off guard and often times I am gripped with a level of anxiety that is way out of my control. It twists and turns like the endless roller coaster seeking to throw me off the track and into the abyss. A constant challenge to navigate through the storm. More so when my reactions are not of my own desire or choosing. 

Even when the storms feel at their worse, I have still managed to remain grounded and still on the train. Thanks to my deep faith in Christ and by extension the Catholic Church. My faith is something that I hold on to and fully embrace. As believers we are called to do just that. Even when our own reactions are not ours to decide. For me at least, by fully accepting Christ, I have given up my own earthly desires and surrender myself to God's great plan. As difficult of a road that is to be on most times. 

The older I get. The more I know and understand that in my life I will always face some kind of storm. Even with all that goes on I take great comfort in my faith in Christ. Taking comfort in understanding and believing in the power of prayer. If I am to be known for anything in this life. Best to be known as a man of unwavering faith. Even when the anxiety reaches the most dramatic of levels. 

1 comment:

  1. I just read your blog.There is too much power in Gods prayer.We have to faith on God.It helps to get more strength and energy.Find out the best christian churches near you.

    ReplyDelete