Pages

Thursday, November 9, 2017

With each year...



With each year that passes by. I am often surprised by my own ability to create the Lego Church Project. Their is a level of patience that is required. Something that I'm not known for having. Yet sitting down at the bricks can be rather fun. I guess you could say it's organized chaos in motion. If you've ever seen any of the galleries or see me work on the project in person you can tell what that is like.

On a typical day I'm working on at least five or six sections at once. Sometimes going back over and making major changes as I'm building. Of course their is a healthy level of fear involved that I fight with. Will it hold up to the end and will I have enough parts to complete it are the common ones. But it is that fear that drives me even harder. To know that I have a lot of experience so even when something doesn't go according to plan I can still go with the flow.

Keep in mind though I'm doing this because I enjoy it. I find the challenge helps me. I enjoy people's reactions. The joy they get out of seeing what I am doing. I enjoy sharing my story. This project is a yearly gift to the community. Something that needs to be shared with others. Not locked away somewhere. I pray that I always remain humble and thankful to those who support me in what I am doing. It is the fuel that fires the engines of creativity. Allowing me to do what I do best.

Advent is coming up fast. The Season 18 project will be at Christ the Good Shepherd here in Saginaw. This is the last display with this season and for me one of the most important ones. The end of the journey and the prelude to the next. This year however is special. This will be my 15th project that I have brought to this parish in a row. A long standing Christmas tradition. One that I hope and pray you will share with me. You are invited to come out to see what I am doing. To see what God has done in my life. By helping me to build faith. One brick at a time.

Till Next Time.

-jm

No comments:

Post a Comment