Pages

Monday, October 2, 2017

Prayer

I've been wanting to write this blog post for a while. Given how important I feel prayer is in the Catholic life. With the recent events it has opened up the mind and given me the freedom to do so.

Their are many in this world who would tell you that prayer is worthless. They would scream it from the roof tops if they could about how useless it is. They believe that they are empty words that do nothing for anyone. But to me prayer is something more. Those who openly proclaim Jesus Christ as their Savior and redeemer believe in something far greater than themselves. They accept that their is more to life than their own desires and wants. They commit themselves to following the teachings and doing their best hold fast to the message and Good News of Christ. We are not perfect. Which is why God sent His Only Son for us. For me prayer give me a deeper focus on what goes on around me. Seeking deep and profound wisdom in the best and worse times of our lives. A spiritual tool against the forces that would seek to destroy us from with in. It is seeking an understanding that we cannot always get from the world around us. More so when fear and anxiety seek to derail us. It is not about providing "magic answers" but rather clarity from a spiritual perspective. Personally I use prayer daily in my walk with Christ. It guides me. Shows me paths that in my own mind I might not always see. It can also give me a sense of peace. Even when I feel like the walls are caving in around me. I feel better over all when I take the time to pray. Not just when things are going bad. But even when times are decent. That is the nature of being a follower of Christ. We live in very troubling times. Events are unfolding that shake is to the core of who we are. This is why we pray. For Peace in our own hearts. Compassion for those around us. Even when they show hatred. Strength to handle things in our lives. The Wisdom to do the right thing. The Courage to face our darkest fears. Because Christ is the light that shines in the darkness. We who are His followers carry that light in our hearts. Surrender to Christ All Things. Even when we are mocked for what we believe. 

Till Next Time

-JM

No comments:

Post a Comment