Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Excuse me while I laugh.


Their are times when I'm way to easily amused. More so when it comes to how people react to me while I'm out on a bike/trike. Today is one of those times.

So Kat and I went up to McDonald's not far from my apartment for lunch. She walked and I took the trike. I had my helmet and sunglasses as well. During our time at the restaurant we had a group of young men show up. They looked like the came from one of the schools in the area. Probably Michigan Lutheran Seminary. They are the only place like that in area that I know of. Didn't think much of it. During the return trip I got a little farther ahead of Kat and was inside the complex. I stopped for a moment trying to decide if I was going to loop back to see where she was at. From behind me I hear "There he is!" and a few moments later I see a car pull up and pass me on the road inside the complex. Sure enough it was the same guy we saw at McDonald's. They didn't stay long and did a turn around and came back the way they came. You have to wonder what was going though those kids heads as they saw me on the trike. I'm 454lbs. I know I look odd while on I'm the trike. I could have cared less if they were ridiculing me. Or found it funny to see someone of my size moving at a pretty good speed. Fact is the trike has been slowly helping me with my walking. Those kids don't know the battles I've had to deal with lately. If they realized that on my old bike I use to put five to ten miles they might turn a whiter shade of pale. Either way I found their reactions kind of amusing. They probably saw me as some kind of side show oddity. But come on people. This is not the first time I've been heckled while on the ride. Sure as heck won't be the last. If they are that shallow in personality so be it. I can get a little bit of a chuckle at their reaction. Anyway if you don't mind I'm going to end the blog post here and go finish laughing to get it out of my system. Because right now I'm just too easily amused.

-JM



No comments:

Post a Comment